Prof. José Luis Navedo, MBCI, CBCP, CBRP, CABM, CIS
President, CEO - Business Continuity Professionals-Puerto Rico, Inc.
Seasoned business continuity professional with over 37 years of experience in the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery fields. Strong business insights, combined with his extensive project management expertise, have helped businesses to develop Business Continuity Programs and strategies, evaluate risk, and facilitate continuous availability structures through business continuity and disaster recovery initiatives.
Former certified instructor for the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII). Presently, professor of Business Continuity Management at the Graduate Program - Sacred Heart University (USC) of Puerto Rico.
University of Phoenix
MBA – Masters in Business Administration
InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico
BA - Business Administration – Magna Cum Laude
University of Puerto Rico
AA - Business Administration, Finance & Marketing
• 1st Business Continuity thesis in the Caribbean Basin (1995)
• Manager of the Year (1998) - GM Group (Now Evertec)
• 1st Latin-American Certified in Business Resilience (2005)
• Former Certified Instructor for the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII – 2000-2008).
• Associate Professor Graduate Program - Business Continuity Management at Sacred Heart University
(USC) of Puerto Rico (2008 – Present).
• Business Excellence Award (2014) - Business Continuity Provider of the Year - Puerto Rico.
• Business Excellence Award (2015) - Innovation & Excellence in Risk Analysis - Puerto Rico
• Business Excellence Award (2018) - Innovation & Excellence in Business Continuity Solutions - Puerto Rico
• Leading Adviser Awards (2018) - Leading Business Continuity Management – Consultant of the Year -
• Business Excellence Award (2019) - Excellence in Risk Analysis - Puerto Rico
• Global Excellence Award (2019) - Leaders in Business Continuity & Resilience Consulting
• Leading Adviser Awards (2019) – Leading Business Continuity and Risk Management - Consultant of the
Year – Puerto Rico
• MBCI - Member of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI)
Membership # 021701
• Certified Business Continuity Professional - CBCP
Disaster Recovery Institute International – Certification # 1981
• Certified Business Resilience Professional - CBRP
Business Resilience Certification Consortium International
• Certified Associate Business Manager - CABM
The Association of Professionals in Business Management (APBM) – Certification # A0282
• Certified Information Systems – CIS
Puerto Rico – APSEI Certification # 2005-01-024
President & CEO Business Continuity Professionals, Inc.
January 2005 - Present Puerto Rico / Miami
Successfully managed many large-scale business continuity management and disaster recovery projects for Government Agencies, Telecommunications, Financial Services, and other industries in the Caribbean Basin and Latin America. These projects have included: Risk Analysis; Business Impact Analysis (BIA); Crisis Communications, Incident Management Planning, Emergency Response Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP), Business Continuity Planning (BRP), and Business Continuity Management (BCM)Programs.
Member of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI), Association of Professionals in Business Management and the Business Resilience Certification Consortium International. Co-founder of the Association of Contingency Planners - Puerto Rico Chapter.
Business Continuity Officer GM Group & Evertec
March 1994 - December 2004 Puerto Rico
Data Center Director PRAICO (Now MAPFRE)
May 1990 - March 1994 Puerto Rico
Data Center Director Banco de Ponce (Now Banco Popular de Puerto Rico)
March 1984 - April 1990 Puerto Rico / New York
Data Center Manager Bayamón Federal Savings (Now Banco Santander)
February 1982 - March 1984 Puerto Rico